• Wood is a renewable material.
• The use of wood products mitigates climate change. Forests function as carbon sinks absorbing carbon as they grow, and after the timber has been harvested, wood products act as carbon dioxide stores.
• Wood is a durable material and wood products have long service lives.
• Most wood products can be reused and recycled.
Why wood is so superior raw material?
1. Carbon sequestration starts here
2. Trees enable soil formation
3. Trees produce non-timber forest products
4. Trees sustain populations of hundreds of species, thousands of individuals.
5. Trees purify surface and ground water and control surface run-off.
6. Trees reduce noise.
7. Trees provide recreation and pleasure.
8. Trees produce oxygen and filter air.
9. Trees control erosion and protect from the storms.
10. Protection from avalanches and land slides.
11. Trees prevent desertification.