• UPM leads the integration of bio and forest industries into a new, sustainable and innovation-driven future.
• Our products are made of renewable raw materials and are recyclable.
• Global Biodiversity Program – six key elements
o Native tree species
o Valuable habitats
o Forest structure
o Water resources
o Natural Forests
We have a global biodiversity program to maintain forests full of life. Our forests in Finland alone absorb more carbon than our German and Finnish pulp and paper mills produce as CO2 emissions. UPM is Europe’s 2nd biggest biomass-based electricity producer. 70% of UPM's power generation capacity is CO2 emission-free.
• UPM has successfully implemented measures and solutions to improve its energy efficiency in existing production lines.
• We develop biofuels from wood biomass.
• All timber and wood based products sequestrate carbon.